When people are interested in the dirt bike for fun, they tend forgetting the necessary dirt bike gear, which isn’t only the added items in their activities, but also the protectors to their well-being. Unfortunately, not many people realize that the gear is super crucial. Not only they will make the riders look cool (yes, some of these stuffs are super cool), but they will also add another layer of protection to the wearers. If you are thinking about buying a dirt bike, you should also consider your budgets to buy these items. Remember, whether you decide to go pro or not, these gears are must-have.
The Must-Have Items
Whereas some items don’t have to be in your inventory, some must be in your list. You especially need to have the gear for the head, protecting the entire head and also eyes. That’s why a dirt bike helmet is a must – riding with it is simply a stupid gesture. Keep in mind, though, that there are different kinds of helmets out there. You want to choose the full face type so it can cover your mouth too. Some helmets may come with a visor to protect your eyes, but in the event that you don’t choose this type, that’s okay because you can wear goggles. But carefully choose the helmets with proper eye ports so you can wear the goggles comfortably. Don’t forget to choose the one with mouth piece and the vented feature so it will maintain the proper air flow.
The goggles are also important because they will protect your eyes from the dirt. The goggles are part of the necessary dirt bike gear that will protect not only the eyes but also the face. Just like the helmets, the goggles are coming with different types and styles. Some are designed for cold climates so they will make you stay warm, some are designed with improved ventilation, especially for the hot and humid areas. Some are even designed with prescription glasses for those with problem eye sights. You can even choose the ones with colored, mirrored, or clear lenses.
Other Necessary Items
There are other necessary dirt bike gear items that you should include in your possession, such as:
- Jersey. Don’t underestimate the jersey because a dirt bike jersey is made from special material. In most cases, it is made from polyester mixture that is enhanced and also lightweight. The jersey is light and thin but it has the best durability and protection. The jersey can be made for cold or warm weather.
- Pants. In general, the jersey and the pants are sold together as a pair although it is also possible to buy them in a separated piece. Keep in mind that the pants are coming in different variants, designs, styles, and purposes, so you should do a thorough research before buying one.
- Gloves. The gloves should be comfortable to wear – not causing slippage. They should help your performance. They will protect you during the trip as well as keeping you from harm when you fall. Make sure that the gloves fit but not constricting your hands.
- Boots. Just like the gloves, they should provide greatest protection and also comfort during the trip. It is better to choose the ones with a rather expensive tag price but made from reliable materials.
- Neck braces. They are super important, so you don’t want to miss buying one.
- Chest protectors. Just like the neck braces, the chest protectors will protect your internal organs, especially the chest, shoulders, and stomachs. They can be handy not only during the crash but from protecting you from rocks and roost from other riders. You should invest your money wisely on these necessary dirt bike gear items – for the sake of your life.