Talking and comparing the best dirt bike in the world isn’t easy because you seriously can’t compare great and iconic products. You need to remember that each iconic and legendary item has their own strength, unique characteristics, and also flaws. You can’t really compare 911 to Veyron, for instance, so instead of comparing each other, it would be best to know the basic facts.
The Dominating Features
Putting the categories to the best dirt bike in the world can be quite difficult because there are many brands, names, and variants out there. Be advised, though, that the best bike isn’t always about speed – it is more about greatness and classic (and elegant) appeal. There are several dominating features and elements that should be considered about:
- Importance. How does the bike change the motorbike industry?
- Reliability. As it was mentioned before, it is not always about the speed, but more to its functionality and performance
- Dominance. When compared to the same line of competitors, how does the bike perform?
- Longevity. Some products are re-produced for many years without changing the features and yet the bikes are still capable of showing off great performance and quality.
Some of the Lists
If you want to know the list for the best dirt bike in the world, there are some candidates – in case you are interested in buying one.
- KTM 350SX-F 2016. Those looking for a mild engine without any boosting sound or overwhelming power can go for this one. As the years pass by, the quality of this bike is getting better too. It may not be so appealing from Dominance factor, but in terms of Longevity and Importance, the vehicle is able to show good performance. It may not be the popular options for racers, but it still has its appeal in European racing world. In term of Reliability, this four stroke new generation is super solid and promising.
- Honda 1983 CR480R. As one of the classic type, this bike has had its glorious moment briefly. Then, the class was swarmed with too strong and too big variants that Honda decided to stop producing it. The bike is pretty classic and old school, but it is part of the charm. In terms of Importance, it would change the Open class future. In terms of Dominance, it is proven to show the best performance. In terms of Reliability, this bike shows that it can tackle the setting without lacking or losing power at all.
- Honda 1986 CR250R. Honda did transform the motorbike and racing world by storm. They had the greatest products and the best performance too. They had a new creation in 1986, focusing on the power valve, improved cartridge fork and front disc brake. In terms of Dominance and Importance, it was once the best bike back then in the day. Honda also showed great determination and quality for their name. In terms of Longevity, the bike only lasted a year, mostly because newer bikes were able to catch up. In terms of Reliability, Honda manages to eliminate the core problems up till now.
Those are just some examples. As it was mentioned before, there are so many great names in the industry. You can consider Yamaha 2007 YZ250, one of the iconic bikes. If you like the classic and old school type, the YZ360 Yamaha 1974 can be a good option. The design remains attractive and solid. There is Kawasaki 2009 KX450F or Suzuki 1981 RM125.
As you can see, you have plenty of options when it comes to picking the most convenient and the best bikes meeting your requirements. So, have you found your version of the best dirt bike in the world?